We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Calico Cat ~ a poem

The following was a poem I had written a couple of years ago about my calico cat, Haley. I have decided to re-post it today in her loving memory.




The Calico Cat
She sleeps in the sunlight,
Her warm coat shines soft;
Purring ever so loudly
Underneath her catio loft

“You’re home! You’re home!”
She excitedly spouts;
As I walk through the door
“Let me in!” she shouts

Now sitting on my chair
Curled up on my lap;
Is that calico cat
And for hours she sat

~ Lady Caer Morganna

6 comments:

  1. Kim my friend, your poem is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lon.

      Have a blessed weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry dear Kim. I had hoped that you and she would have had more time together.
    Your poem is a lovely tribute to her memory~

    Hugs and Much Love
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely poem and tribute to your beloved Haley. She looks like such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly beautiful! A lovely tribute for Haley!!! Sending you healing hugs Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful:,(
    Strong hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete