We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Blessed Samhain ~ 2017


Blessed Samhain and a Happy Halloween to everyone! Today, I enjoyed this wonderful sabbat holiday by celebrating with my sister, Aurora Skye (Robin) and Dark Elf.

As is our tradition, we set up a special altar for our photos in honor of our loved ones who have passed on ...  


 )o(     )o(     )o(     )o(     )o(     )o(     )o(     )o(

Me 'n' Aurora Skye

Dark Elf

Our personal ritual ceremony written for us. ;)


After our ritual rite, we toasted with our libation which I had reiked and blessed, then spent the rest of the evening enjoying some relaxing "sister" time. These, my dear friends, are truly special occasions for both of us. In this fast-paced and very busy day and age where we all must set aside time for ourselves and our loved ones, it is even more important that we remember our beloved friends and family ... both those who are living and who have passed from this world.


Samhain


Gather we here on Samhain eve
Some to remember, some to grieve
All to join with hand and heart
To see the misty veil part

Stand we here, hand to hand
While spirits roam across the land
Ash to ash, bone to bone
They rise from earth, from sea and stone

Seek their wisdom in the wind
Through curls of smoke, our love we send
And on this night of falling leaves
Gather we here on Samhain eve

We raise a glass
We toast you all
Our Ancestors
From king to thrall

We welcome you
This Samhain night
Come warm yourselves
By firelight

Come join our merry
Feast of Red
We hail you,
The Welcome Dead!


~ written by Sokarjo Stormwillow

10 comments:

  1. So glad you got to enjoy some family time. Thank you for sharing the beautiful poem. Happy Halloween - Samhain. Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CJ, and to you and yours as well! Blessed be.

      Delete
  2. Kim I'm so glad you all got together; I wish you your family and friends a very joyous Halloween and Samhain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one who has dreamed lately of departed loved-ones, of the comfort of their love and hopes, I gladly join your toast --if only in the privacy of my own mind. A cabernet sauvignon, from nearby Lodi, a few minutes before California midnight. I raise my glass to the stars and the sound of a distant train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds very beautiful to me, Geo. I wish you much peace, comfort and serenity, my friend.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely time and season for you and your sister and Dark Elf. I love how you honor your loved ones and what a beautiful ceremony, my sweet friend.
    Happy Halloween and Blessed Samhain to you and yours~

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Jan. To me, this season means so many things. I do so love it!

      Happy Halloween blessings to you as well!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing this beautiful ceremony! Wishing you, your sister and Dark Elf a Happy Halloween and a Blessed Samhain! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sister of the spirit!

      Happy Halloween and Blessed Samhain to you as well!!

      Delete